2023 Pool Schedule and Fee’s now in Documents page!
Parks & Recreation Board
- Physical Address: 260 N 10th Avenue, Elgin, OR, 97827
- Mailing Address: PO Box 218, Elgin, OR, 97827
- Pool Office: (541) 437-9542 (Seasonal, June-August)
- Main Office: (541) 437-5931
Tomi Boolen - Parks & Recreation Supervisor
- Email: email@example.com
Hours of Operation
Fee Schedule 2023
- Adults (18 & over) … $4.00
- Child (Age 4-17) … $2.00
- Toddler (0-3) … (Free with admission of adult)
Water Aerobics/Lap Swimming Season Pass
- Single … $80.00
- Couple … $150.00
Family Season Pass
The Family Season Pass can be used for lap swim, water aerobics, open swim & family swim sessions. The Family Season Passes cover only the family members living in your household.
Punch Card Pass
- $50 for 32 swim sessions
SWIM LESSON SESSIONS
- $40.00 per session (Only level 1 & level 2 classes are offered.)
There are 3 ways to sign up for lessons:
- Call (541) 437-5931 or 541-437-9542 during business hours
- Stop by the Pool office during business hours
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Jessie and Lee McDonald Memorial Pool
In Memory of Jessie McDonald (1928-2009)
Back to top
I first meant Jessie in the late 1980s no one could tell Jessie no when it came to the Pool. She talked me onto joining The Friends of the Community Center. They held an Annual Auction which I helped with for 30 years. We had a group of people who helped every year. Lee, her Husband was right at her side doing everything he could do to help.
Jessie spent over four decades working first to get the Community Center and Pool built the year was 1970. She took the first shovel full of dirt from the ground when construction began. As a child Jessie did not learn to swim it was her dream that every child should learn to swim. When she was growing up you swam in the river or a pond.
In 2009 with failing health Jessie had to step back from the pool. Our Park and Recreation Board at our monthly meeting voted to name the Pool after her and Lee. We then took a vote on making her Birthday which is June 22 a free swim day for the kids in her honor. After the vote was taken and passed I went to her home to tell her the news. When I told her she looked at me and said she was glad I told her before she passed with a tear in her eyes which brought tears to my eyes. The next month she passed away. I am proud to have known this Great Lady and even prouder to call her my Friend.
In honor of Jessie McDonald “Jessie Day” is held annually on June 22nd. On Jessie Day swim admission is free to the youth of Elgin, plus outdoor activities and games in the park for families.
The Community Center & Pavilion are available to rent for private events. Rates start at $40.
Please call 541-437-5931 for more information or to reserve the Community Center for your event.
Elgin Parks & Recreation Board
- Brock Eckstein - Cityadm@cityofelginor.org
- Dianne Greif - Dianne.email@example.com
- Twila Ivins - Twila.L.Ivins@odot.state.or.us
- Denise Ludwig - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scott Ludwig - email@example.com
- Patty Herron -